From The Shartak Wiki
|2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012|
This is a list of historical events that happened on Shartak during 2006.
- Maps join the game with some of the natives mastering the art of scratching pictures of landmarks on a large leaf and outsiders finding items to draw primitive maps with.
- The Royal Expedition, one of the earliest clans, begins to be organised.
- The Scavengers are established.
- The South Shartak Trading Company is established.
- Various mapping projects get underway to map the Island.
- Rumours of pirates setting ashore on Shartak begin to circulate amongst those already on the Island.
- Traders set up shop in each of the settlements.
- The Wicksick Headhunters are established.
- The Colonial Police is established in York.
- The Civilised Highway Society is established.
- Spirits begin to haunt the living again.
- Easter Bunnies make their first appearance on the Island.
- The camp shamans are recaptured and confined to their camps. The native shamans return to their villages, having trained six apprentices who now wander the Island.
- Maximillion Pike, with the assistance of Dashing Derek, Tom Failur and others make the first giant squid kill off the coast of York.
- The Mercenary's Guild is established.
- The Jolly Roger Gang is established.
- The Durham Pistoleers are established.
- The Yorkman newspaper launched.
- Third Battle of York begins.
- War between the Discordian Cargo Cult, the Royal Expedition, and the Scurvy Crew of the Hellborn Strumpet breaks out over possession of Unity Island.
- The Jolly Roger Gang sacks Dalpok.
- The Derby Hospitallers are established.
- The 1st Derby Privateers are established.
- Armadox and the Scavengers raze Raktam.
- The first organised boxing match on Shartak occurs, at the temple ruins south of the shipwreck, between Zom VLD and Xintlaer.
- The conch shell is found again.
- Santa pays his first visit to the Island.
- The Durham Headhunt, organised by the Wicksick Headhunters, commences with major casualties, ending on New Year's Eve.
- The 1st Imperial Privateers Regiment sacks Dalpok, re-names it New Amsterdam and sells it to Maevar Ralnik for 156 gold coins.
- The Imperial Bank is established.