|Goals:||Keeping the peace.|
|Recruitment policy:||Simply talk to us at the CPHQ or place your profile under the "List of Members" on this page.|
|Contact:||The best way to contact us for any reason is our forum (unregistered-guest posts welcome).|
The Colonial Police
The Colonial Police are a group of outsiders devoted to keeping the peace, which is based in the great city of York. The primary mission of the CP is to stop criminals and defend the settlement of York from marauders, invaders, raiders, terrorists, madmen and the like. Any person who has killed innocent outsiders in the York area will be killed in punishment by the CP. We keep an extensive criminals list, including a "Most Wanted" section. We are currently offering protection to only certain natives (notably pro-York shamans who assist with getting rid of spirits).
The proud tradition of the Colonial Police goes all the way back to the height of the First Battle of York, when on April 25, 2006, the Colonial Police was formed to protect the settlers in and around York from violent criminals.
How you can report criminals
Have you been murdered or witnessed a murder? If so, please report it to the Colonial Police. The easiest method is to post a topic on our forums. If you choose this method, please list the criminal's (or criminals') name in the topic name. (Note: You do not have to register to post a listing.) However, you can also stop by CzEcHy's Tavern in York, (-70.368,+26.313) and report the crime in there. Thank You.
We are always looking for new members. As long as you know what we're about, you can join. Just place your name and profile under the 'List of Members' below. If you join, stop by the CzEcHy's Tavern in York for a drink and a chat, and be sure to talk us on the forum.
| MickR (Founder of the CP. Led the CP from April 2006 until his departure from York in late August 2006 to explore Shartak.)|
|Arwedda (Founder of the CP, and co-leader until October 2006, when he left to pursue a business venture.)|
|Kjendlie (Led the CP from late August 2006 till he left York in mid-May 2007.)|
LIST IN SERIOUS NEED OF UPDATE
|Active||AWOL/Inactive||Prominent and/or Infamous ex-Members|
|guest||radiohead1102||Colonel (expelled for selling secrets to enemies of York)|
|Che||Admiral Nelson.........||Sora Lamal|
|soldierguy||bowie||Local traitor Zydd Soral|
|Ethal Merman the V||corperal||sayt|
|sayt||halocakes||keiichi (Expelled for excessive torso-collecting while on duty.)|
|Berenice van Buren||Frank Comboling||Javier Sortani (Left after realizing he was an anti-CP activist.)|
|Grey Ghost||Colonel Curtis|
|Lt. Frank Drebin||Duke Eric Kelso|
|Klaus The Wretched|
Alliances and Friends
- Czechy's Tavern - founded and run by veteran officer czech1.
- Shartak Cryptozoological Society
- The Order of Patriots - pro-York "secret society" with a first-rate military wing.
- Tavern Owners and Patrons of Shartak - Run also by czech1, a clan of drunks.
- Prominent York citizen guest and his associates.
- Royal Expedition - Inactive bureaucratic royalists
- Durham Pistoleers - The only organized force in the notoriously lawless town of Durham.
- The South Shartak Trading Company - peaceful traders and merchants, whose members get extra Colonial Police protection while in York on business.
- Shartak Protestant League - Apparently we are allies after the MG attacked us both.
- Raktam Police
- Eastern Federation;
List of Criminals
- Herman Owen is wanted for killing Officer Sgt Nicholas Angel in the Colonial Police Headquarters.
- ScabBiter - Put down by loyal officer Lt. Frank Drebin
- OtaconUnprovoked murder
- K19 Killed Lexus and claiming to be on a killing rampage.
- Claude Strauf Unprovoked murder
- Fear and Gunslinger Unprovoked murder of un-combat oriented CP member, Dr Hodo
- Lukas AlexanderUnauthorized disorderly behavior and stupidly
- Serious Sam York’s most notorious nut job. Will be found cowering in the jungle with is alt Lukas.
- John RamboFor being stupid enough to listen to Sam’s lies (another possible alt)
- June 5th Pirate Raid commences
- May 29, 2007 - Active-member rise!
- May 28, 2007 - Inactive-member purge.
- May 16, 2007 - In honor of the new dawn of the Colonial Police under Captain Old Macdonald, and to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Colonial Police, the CP today declared the opening of festivities. A blanket amnesty for all criminals and crimes was also declared. As such, the CP wanted lists have been cleared and emptied. For the first time since the clan was founded, there is no one wanted by the CP. Celebrations for Captain Macdonald and of the CP's one-year anniversary ran all night at Czechy's Tavern. Unfortunately, ex-captain Kjendlie was the last of the revelers to leave the next morning, thus was stuck paying the tab.
- May 15, 2007 - Long-time Captain of the Colonial Police, Kjendlie, has stepped down and handed his powers to Old Macdonald, a long-time loyal officer.
Older news items, all the way back to our founding on April 25, 2006, can be found here.