The Waugh Arms
The Waugh Arms started out as a fine suburban pub located in the York area of Shartak. Catering for both locals and visitors to the nearby Trader's Hut and beach, a good selection of home-cooked food is available during the day, as well as a wide range of bar snacks. From there, it is in the process of expanding to become an island spanning chain. Each Waugh Arms boasts a fine selection of real ales with several guest ales per month on offer, as well as grog and a variety of indigenous berry liqueurs. Other facilities include a pool table and a jukebox, although the latter has a tendency to play Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' if no song has been selected.
Waugh Arms - York
The Waugh Arms can be found west-southwest of the shaman in York, on the site of the former Colonial Police Headquarters at -70.374,+26.313.
Waugh Arms - Dalpok
The Waugh Arms can be found directly west of the shaman in Dalpok.
Waugh Arms - Durham
Located in the busy town centre at co-ordinates [-70.647,+26.348]
- No fighting or killing
- No pissing in the corner
- Do not molest the waitress
- No consumption of drugs on the premises unless you've "brought enough for everyone"
- Karaoke machine - Complete with a Queen - Greatest Hits tape.
- Jukebox - A battered old Wurlitzer, loaded with 80s pop music and Finnish death metal.
- Pool table - Unfortunately, the cue ball was stolen by pirates some time ago.
- House Medics - Members of our staff carry first aid kits at all times, allowing us to offer medical assistance to those who need it.
- Sick bucket - Free pink sawdust available at the bar on request.
- Corners - For propping up the drunks.
Whilst the pub has traditionally favored hand drawn ales and strong spirits, we also try and cater for those with more refined tastes. As such, please cast your eye over our thirst quenching cocktail menu.
- The Kjendlie - named after the well known captain of the Colonial Police, this cheeky little number froths and foams greatly at first, but very soon goes flat. Slightly bitter to taste, excessive intake may cause delusions. Only served in cans as it has lost its bottle.
- The Lacuna - doesn't contain spirits.
- The Malice - at 10gc a glass, the Malice is an expensive drink. Served in a chalice made from human bones, blood red, and with a sharp taste, this is a drink that bites back - some have compared drinking it to being stabbed in the kidneys with a rusty spoon. Some drinkers have found an extreme adverse reaction to this cocktail, often breaking out in an uncomfortable rash. As such this cocktail is banned in the majority of towns in Shartak.
- Serious Sambuca - Not just ordinary Sambuca, this is Serious Sambuca! Flavored with exotic Shartak aniseed, this drink has a most peculiar effect. After just one glass the alcohol goes straight to the larynx, causing the drinker to talk and talk and talk and talk. Further consumption of the drink sees the alcohol take effect on the bowels - the abdominal muscles contract forcing any waste and effluence upwards into the mouth. As the primary effects are still taking place, this causes the unfortunate drinker to literally "talk shit". Note from the management: This drink is no longer in stock due to massive unpopularity.