Shartak UBER MAP
Hi, following your suggestion for maps with colours based on the area description, rather than the density, etc, I have modified the "close up" mapping tool I created to incorporate this feature. I havn't drawn any of the image maps yet in this format though as yet. Try this area description based colour map of York vs the old style area density based colour map of York.
- Hi Murk! I am honored to know that you liked my suggestion so much that you implemented it quickly. I like the result, too -- looks really good! Can't wait to see a toggle button in the close-up view. ;D Cheers -- Berry 08:32, 14 March 2006 (GMT)
Yeah, I thought about that, it does need a toggle button, it would only take about 30 second to implement except that I couldn't be arsed to draw some little grey/blue icon that fits in with the other arrows ;-) Needs a toggle button for the names too (if you use the above links and zoom in you should get the area names). --Murk 14:35, 14 March 2006 (GMT)
- Thanks for pointing out the area names feature. At the risk of sounding like Paris Hilton, I just want to say: That's hot!
- With regard to toggles, how about a simple pair of plain text links? Say, for example, along the top, something like:
[Color By: Density|Type] [Names: Show|Hide]
- I simulated links by using blue underlined text in the example above, but you probably get the idea :)
- --Berry 15:19, 14 March 2006 (GMT)
Done! --Murk 18:09, 14 March 2006 (GMT)
- Ooh, spiffy! --Berry 04:56, 15 March 2006 (GMT)