Class skill chart
A √ mark means a class can have a skill, an X means they can't, and a question mark means it's unknown whether they can have the skill or not. Background colors are used for skills not known to be universal.
When verifying that a class gets a skill, please include the ID of a player of that class with that skill <!--in comment tags--> next to the √ mark ("√"). For example, if you were confirming that scouts got trailblazing, you would find a scout with it (preferably a high-level one, like Qberry) and insert their ID next to the checkmark, like this: "√<!--712-->". This gives everyone an easy way of verifying that the information is true, and it will give us profiles to check quickly when new skills appear.
Keep in mind that since it's impossible to prove publicly that a certain class can't have a skill (without giving away someone's login information), we should seek to prove that they can have it and, if such proof can't be found, assume that they can't.
|Close quarter combat||√||√||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Nat. med. / first aid||√||√||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Emergency first aid||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||√||X|
|Advanced F/B ...||X||√||X||X||X||√||X||X||X|
Constructing the chart
Maybe we should have a page that says what skills each class can get, like a big table with the skills going down the side and the classes going across the top. So we can figure out what the differences are between the classes besides hp and starting items as it is starting to become clear not every class can use some skills. We will have to wait a bit to get the confirmation on some of the classes but we can already find out(mostly) what the scientist and warrior class get which is a good start. We don't even have to level a guy up of each class ourselves, the way the profiles and stats page are set up we could just copy down the skills that we see the highest level of each class has -- Daylan
- Here's a rough draft. I'm using X to represent a confirmed skill that is available on my skill page. I haven't listed any skills that I do not personally have. I think we need to level each class up rather than basing a chart on assumptions. For example, while the shamans receive "Natural Medicine" it hasn't been determined if outsiders receive it as well. I suspect that "Natural Medicine" doesn't fit with the scientist character, it would be more fitting to be listed as "Surgery" or something. --Lint 19:56, 24 February 2006 (GMT)
- Nice going, I was going to propose a "skill chart" just like this! I've added to the confirmed skills.--Jackel 17:47, 25 February 2006 (GMT)
Wow sweet, I'll add some and when we get it finished we can finally see what the differences are..... BTW a good source of info is the stats on kills page, that is where I got all the info that I added -- Daylan 02:50, 26 February 2006 (GMT)
- NEW SKILL CONFIRMED!!!! SCIENTISTS GET FIRST AID(Murk has it from stats page)!!! You were right Lint,also updated the chart, turns out the class "warrior" is misleading they can't fight any better than anybody else! they do seem to get a lot of the other skills BUT from what I see they are exactly the same as a shaman(cept hp/starting item ) unless out of the blue there appears some crazy warrior-only melee skill-o-death. Also, Lint, your a shaman right? can you get languge skills next to confirm if there are any differences between warriors and shamans?(I can't see language skills being too different,well cept for shamans getting expert language and warriors not)-- Daylan 02:10, 3 March 2006 (GMT)
- Added. There's a dotted spot underneath it, presumably for Expert Language, but we'll know for sure in a couple days. :P --Lint 17:25, 3 March 2006 (GMT)
- I have the swimming skill and I'm a Soldier. Urban Me--One of many doctors 23:03, 25 March 2006 (GMT)
- I ,Jones Dye, have all the scientist skill except one. I updated the chart adding Haunting Scream .--JonesDye 09:32, 27 March 2006 (BST)
- I am a soldier and have the basic tracking skill.--Gandhi 00:57, 31 March 2006 (BST)
- I am a Settler and I posess swimming and basic tracking. Also, I have first-hand knowledge that Shamans and Pirates have access to basic tracking. By using profiles listed on the stats page, I have determined the following information: added Scout - haunting scream, added Scout - natural medicine, added Soldier - first aid, added Pirate - advanced language. --Lint 03:44, 31 March 2006 (BST)
- My shaman has Basic Tracking, and I can see Advanced Tracking and the dots for Expert Tracking on my skills page. Xs added.--VTBassMatt 19:21, 5 April 2006 (BST)
Proposal to move this chart to the article page now, rather than waiting to fill it up. People will never find it here... Comments? --VTBassMatt 16:54, 6 April 2006 (BST)
- Sure. I've been thinking about that as well. --Lint 17:55, 6 April 2006 (BST)
- Chart is almost complete. It doesn't look like there is a compelling reason to put it on the front page -- there aren't any surprises on it ... No exclusive skills except for the obvious ones. --Tycho44 03:52, 23 April 2006 (BST)
- Completed Soldier skill set (I have Expert Lang.) --Gandhi 21:05, 30 April 2006 (BST)
(The chart is currently complete.) --Tycho44 01:19, 2 June 2006 (BST)
Psychic Recognition added. --Tycho44 02:48, 2 June 2006 (BST)
Trailblazing added. --nine 12:28, 19 July 2006 (BST)
At my request, Simon has given me the IDs of the highest-level player(s) in each class. They are:
We can refer to these when skills are added to the game to see who has it and who doesn't.
I can confirm that Soldiers don't get Trailblazing. --LouisB3 16:02, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
Starting AP may be 175 for all types. --Lint 03:20, 10 March 2006 (GMT)
It's 180 for Explorers. -Mark D. Stroyer 17:24, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
Pirates could use more skills; as of now they are little more than basic hack and slash characters. Perhaps drinking rum should affect melee damage; one idea is to make the amount of damage dealt random: e.g., one attack the cutlass will do 1 damage, next attack 5. This would mimic the erratic movement of drunkards.
Could anyone tell me how to link pages internally and link up the new shaman skills? It is something I never learned to do --Etherdrifter 02:39, 2 November 2007 (UTC)