|Leadership:||Baron Robert Surcouf|
|Goals:||To serve the Derby Peninsula with our very lives, souls and swords!|
2nd and Former Government of the Peninsular Federation:
- Baron Robert Surcouf, Baron and leader of the Federation
- Open Minister of the Interior
- 007 Warbear Minister of Defence
- deus257 Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Grant Beacher's Ghost Minister of Culture
- Black Jack Pershing Minister of Public Works and Recruitment
- Uther Minister of Justice
1st Government of the Peninsular Federation:
- Baron Robert Surcouf
- Isaak Carlier (Minister of the Interior)
- Lord Grey (Minister of Defence)
- Neil Tathers (Sub-Minister of Native Affairs in the portfolio of Foreign Affairs)
- Deus257 (Sub-Minister of Outsider Affairs in the portfolio of Foreign Affairs)
- Hercule Le Tof (Minister of Public Works)
- Randall Flagg (Minister of Justice)
Proposed Constitution of the Peninsular Federation
The Peninsula Federation has as its primary goals:
- 1)To facilitate role-play in the outsider camp of Derby
- 2)To advance the material interests of the outsider camp of Derby
- 3)To provide an environment that will help introduce new characters to the world of Shartak while providing a range of opportunities to keep experienced players active in Derby upon maturation.
The territory of the Peninsular Federation includes the City of Derby, the Barony of Port Breton, Midway Island,Casterley Rock, Arivo Island, and all land east to Federation Cave together with all land north to the great swamp.
The Peninsular Federation shall be based upon a Shartakian spin off of the principles of “responsible government” as elucidated by Lord Durham in reference to the government of Canada in the nineteenth century. As such, the Peninsula of Derby shall be ruled by a Baron who shall appoint cabinet ministers at his pleasure (hereafter simply referred to as the Government), who shall receive the highest military rank in the Grand Army of the Peninsula of Derby, who shall receive the title of Baron, connected to a local estate to be named by said Baron, who shall receive this title in perpetuity and who shall govern with the consent of the Parliament of the Peninsula of Derby until called to election after defeat by a non-confidence vote or after a defeat on a budget matter in the Parliament of the Peninsula of Derby (hereafter simply referred to as Parliament).
- Ministerial Positions:
- Minister of Culture: The Minister of Culture shall create One thread on the Shartak clans forum. On this thread the Minister of Culture shall post no less than one time a year, contests, events, festivities or other similar functions planned by and orchestrated by the Minister of Culture for the people of the Peninsula of Derby for the enjoyment of said people and by the authorization of Parliament.
- Minister of Public Works: The Minister of Public Works shall see to the proper planning, building and maintenance of the city of Derby’s central boulevard and adjoining gardens as well as the maintenance of the jungle borders of the city of Derby;
Furthermore, the Minister of Public Works shall ensure that the rights of the private citizens of Derby to maintain signs are honored and that all signs on individual buildings whether owned by individuals or by the Government are protected from desecration; Furthermore, the Minister of Public Works shall arbitrate disputes concerning property both for private citizens, for foreigners owning property on the Peninsula of Derby as well as for the Government, the decisions of the Minister of Public Works shall be enforced by the Grand Army of Derby where necessary. The Minister of Public Works shall see to the collection and safety of all rent to be paid to the Government by citizens of the Peninsula of Derby for the right of entrance into Parliament for the full enjoyment of the rights of Parliament. Said rent shall be the property of the Government to be used by the Government for the funding of events organized by the Minister of Culture, or for the purchase of munitions and other supplies deemed necessary for the proper maintenance of the Grand Army of Derby during times of conflict and shall be dispensed by the Minister of Public Works to the Armory upon request of Parliament or the Baron during times of conflict; Furthermore, the Minister of Public Works shall see to the protection of all treasures earned by or gifted to the Government; Furthermore, the Minister of Public Works shall oversee the production of and storage of heavy swords as well as the sale to citizens at discount prices during times of peace, and the sale to foreigners at less than market value during times of peace, and allocation to the Grand Army of Derby free of charge during times of war. These heavy swords shall be produced by the smithies of the swamplands adjoining the city of Derby so as not to interfere with the good health and proper enjoyments or refreshments of the people of the city of Derby. The Minster shall also co-ordinate recruitment of citizens to the cause of the Federation.
- Minister of the Interior: The Minister of the Interior shall see to the collection of all relevant data and information related to the proper government of the Peninsula of Derby as determined by the executive request of the Baron, by the pleasure of a majority of Parliament or upon request of other ministers of the Government upon approval of Parliament. This information may include but will not be limited to update of the wiki, collection of statistics, transcripts of events, historical information related to the glory of the Peninsula of Derby or any other logs or journals deemed necessary by the above mentioned parties.
- Minister of Justice: The Minister of Justice shall see to the proper maintenance of all Peninsula of Derby KOS lists and PKOS lists, as well as to the ultimate determination of who shall be deemed such a menace to civil society as to warrant placement on said lists after the initial determination by the Minister of Defense with the consent of a majority of Parliament, or by rightfully proven evidence given by a citizen or citizens of the Peninsula of Derby or by a foreigner or foreigners, and corroborated by either a screen shot or yon Underworld. The Minister of Justice shall ensure that convicts are placed on or removed from the KOS list, or placed on the PKOS list, in a manner which is speedy, efficient and calculated to ensure that citizens or foreigners are not exempt from legally acquired penalties or meted out penalties in excess of their sentence by the Minister of Justice;
Furthermore, the Minister of Justice shall ensure that the Hall of Justice shall always maintain a link to currently updated KOS and PKOS lists carved into the wall of said Hall of Justice so that all citizens and foreigners shall have no excuse whereby they might plead ignorance of their inclusion upon said lists.
- Minister of Defense: The Minister of Defense shall see that the Grand Army of Derby is kept in working condition in times of peace and in times of war, shall ensure that the role is kept and salary properly issued, shall ensure that the soldiers are armed, shall ensure that the chain of command is kept. Like all ministers of the Government, the Minister of Defense shall serve at the pleasure of the Baron, but the Minister of Defense shall not be beholden to the advice, wishes or orders of the Baron in times of war.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall see that due representation is made on behalf of the pleasure of Parliament or the Government to foreign kingdoms, religious sects or any other foreign entity with whom which it is in the interests of the Peninsula of Derby to treat. The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall act according to the wishes of Parliament or the Baron according to the pleasure of Parliament, and shall be representative thereof.
- Rent: Citizenship is the right of all, but to be the voice of the nation is only the privilege of the serious, prudent, devout and morally upright. For the privilege to sit in Parliament a citizen must show that they are able to pay rent of no less than 50 gold coins by paying to the Minister of Finance a fee of no less than 50 gold coins unless they become a member of the clan Peninsula Federation in which case said rent is waived.
- The term ‘Majority’: A majority shall always be considered that largest group of voters who voted yea or nay on a particular proposition irrespective of the actual numbers of Parliament.
Voting: One seat, one vote. A motion for a vote shall be proposed on the _____ forum. Within forty-eight hours there shall be a simple yea or nay vote. In the case of a yea vote, the proposal shall enter into the constitution of the Peninsula of Derby. In the case of a nay vote, the defeated party which proposed the vote at issue may revise their proposal within ____ hours, unless those who voted nay allow more time, and a second vote shall take place. If this vote is a failure, then the proposal is considered rejected and may not be brought forward again for a period of no less than ____ months. In the case of a confidence vote, there shall be one simple yea or nay vote. If the result is in favor of the yeas then the Government stands. If the result is in favor of the nays then the Government falls and elections are called.
- Parties: Any member of Parliament may legally associate with one another as a party and any two or more parties may form an association so as to form a coalition. Any member of Parliament not associating with others to form a party shall be considered Independent. Any member of Parliament associating with others to form a party shall be a member of that party and shall cease to be Independent. For purposes of elections, members of Parliament shall either vote for an Independent candidate who, if they shall win, shall form a Government as Baron, or for a party who, if they shall win, shall press forward their leader to form a Government as Baron.
- 1)All citizens shall have the right to maintain their property claimed before the formation of the first Government of the Peninsula of Derby. All residents shall have the right to register their property with the Minster of Public Works upon claim of property by delinquency, purchase or trade, who shall ensure the rights of said registered citizens to their property, ensure the protection of their signage and arbitrate in the case of disputes concerning property.
- 2)All citizens not on KOS lists and PKOS lists shall have the right of protection of their persons ensured by the Government through the agency of the Grand Army of Derby. All citizens on KOS shall have the right to enter into the Grand Army of Derby at the lowest level of the chain of command and without payment for the remainder of their penalty and upon good behavior.
- 3)All citizens shall have the right to pay rent to enter unto Parliament.
Grand Army of Derby:
- The Grand Army of Derby shall be a standing army composed both of paid regulars, who shall receive said payment upon attendance at roll, as well as unpaid wards of the state seeking to work off KOS status upon the recommendation and satisfaction of the Minister of Justice.
- All soldiers of the Grand Army of Derby shall receive in times of war ONE heavy sword or more at the discretion of the Master of Arms of the Grand Army of Derby, as well as access to free supplies at the discretion of the Master of Arms of the Grand Army during times of war or upon proof of carrying out justice according to the KOS or PKOS lists.
- All soldiers of the Grand Army of Derby shall accede to the commands of their immediate military superior in the chain of command during times of war to the best of their abilities. In times of peace all soldiers of the Grand Army of Derby shall be accountable to the Minister of Justice for the proper application of force to ensure the meting out of justice according to the KOS and PKOS lists and accountable to the Minister of Public Works to ensure the protection of property and signage.
History of the Peninsula Federation
Key points in the history of the Federation include:
a. the liberation of Midway island in July '10
b. the creation of the Tower of the Parliament in July '10
c. the Midway Liberation War in August '10
d. the fall of The Peninsula Federation in November '10