Outside, the hut looks like any other colonial building; the sort you may have seen around any port town in the 1700's. Stone walls, metal framed windows, wooden supports, and a sloped slate room. The sign over the door advertises it as a tavern, while the sheer size of the building lends it more to the statue of a department store. In truth, it's a tavern within a shop, a load of tables near a man who sells many thing that include drinks.
Stepping inside, you are greeted by the finest tavern this side of the island. The rectangular entrance room is a clutter of tables and chairs of a rich imported oak and leather benches around the walls, lanterns placed on each table to give shape and form to the gloom.
Along one wall is a collage of Derby Privateers and Derby Hospitallers members - with thier coat of arms above the bar, some pictures are mug-shots and others are from secret locations in the jungle. Under the photograph of Captain Zombie are a crossed rifle and cutlass. (Other privateers/hospitallers and weapons to go in here)
Trader Tom stands behind an expensive oak bar, poslishing glasses between customers. One minute he's pulling a pint and the next he's selling ammo. Behind him are shelves of food, drink and sundries, as well as rack upon rack of machetes and rifles.
A list of rules is pinned to the wall by the bar, next to a sign that proclaims 'If you're still standing, then you need another rum!'
- Dont kill in here, unless the victim is logged onto the Derby Prvateers Wanted pages.
- Treat Natives as friendly in here, unless said to be otherwise.
- Breaking rule 1 will get you onto the Wanted list.
- NO SMOKING (unless its 'dried herb', in which case, pass the pipe)
- Breaking rule 4 will result in a hard slap in the face, OR your bong shall be confescated.
- Any visiting native should sleep there without fear of being wantonly killed in the streets.
- Any outsider can sleep in there safely, as the number of people inside will give many eyes to witness a murder. Any murders witnessed should be reported straight to the Privateers, its ultra-bad manners to actualy KILL somebody in a bar room brawl.
- Rum, Beer and Water will be avalable from the Barman/Trader, as the Privateers will sell on thier unwanted beverages for the enjoyment of Derby citezens.
- The Tavern provides an alternate safehouse to the other Eastern Federation safehouse, Derby Hospital - run by the Derby Hospitallers. This is the 1st Derby Privateers Safehouse.
- Basicaly, use the hospital if you want healing and safety, use the tavern if you want liver damage and safety.
This wiki will be run by Privateer's Captain Rob Zombie and was made more wikified by Czech himself.
RobZombie - last updated April 3rd 2007 by Rob and Mark D Stroyer.